<$BlogRSDUrl$>

What a bad idea

Friday, June 18, 2004

If It Weren't For My Horse

Every so often Pitchfork says something so profoundly and willfully stupid that I have to tell someone, but holy shit. Usually I just email St. Nate when I find these, but, uh, well, holy shit:

"...since, no matter how talented the DJ, it's tough to really kick shit up onstage just standing at a turntable."

- Jonathan Zwickel reviewing DJ Shadow's Live! In Tune & On Time

I've been sitting here at my desk for a good twenty or thirty minutes now trying to come up with a way to make sense of that and I just can't do it. Either he's saying that DJing is inherently unshowmanlike (in which case he's an idiot) or he's saying that DJ'd music doesn't make for a kickass show (in which case he's reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally an idiot). Of course, far be it from Putzfuck to miss the point of dance music completely, I know, I know, but seriously, this is like someone's first post on ILM or something. And the most infuriating thing is that both of those interpretations are motherfucking GREAT examples of the essence of Pitchfork's uselessness, but I don't even get the satisfaction of using that goddamn quote like a weapon since I can't even settle on the character of its stupidity with any confidence. I hate Pitchfork so, so much.

Sigh. Anyway. I'm back, bitches.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?