<$BlogRSDUrl$>

What a bad idea

Wednesday, September 24, 2003

Whenever I burn CDRs for my iRiver (which, FYI, is up there with my vaporizer and my all-region DVD player on the list of Best Consumer Electronics Purchases Ever), there's always like sixty or so megs that I can't fill with an album. Thus, oftentimes I'll just shove a bunch of random songs to which I've been listening lately on there and run with it. Sometimes, however, those songs get ordered in such a way that I like them even more than before, and MOTHER OF GOD is this ever one of those times. Check this lineup out, verbatim from how they come up on my player:

1. Louis Armstrong, "We Have All the Time in the World"
2. The Hives, "Die All Right" (and WHAMMO that's a transition)
3. Abba, "Dancing Queen" (and FUCK YOU if you don't like Abba. If the guy from Anthrax with the beard that extends out from his face like a column can spend the social capital necessary to admit it on NATIONAL TV, surely I can say it on my blog which nobody reads.)*
4. Beyonce feat. Jay-Z, "Crazy In Love"
5. Leo Sayer, "You Make Me Feel Like Dancing" (such a profoundly stupid and awful song that it's actually kind of captivating)
6. Outkast, "Hey Ya"
7. The Partridge Family, "I Think I Love You" (yes, yes, I have no taste. Let's just stipulate it from now on.)
8. Queen, "Another One Bites the Dust"
9. Radiohead, "The Tourist"
10. The Specials, "A Message to You Rudy"
11. The Specials, "Pressure Drop"

I swear to god, it works like chicken and waffles, except that I can go for this shit any time of the day, any day of the week. God bless contextualizing.

-------
*That being said, yes, Abba is ludicrously silly.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?