<$BlogRSDUrl$>

What a bad idea

Tuesday, August 26, 2003

It needed to be said

I work in the medical-records department of a hospital (think Harvey Pekar) for an outside agency. There is one particular room in the department where doctors come to look over dictation or whatever the hell doctors do when they aren't curing cancer. In this room, there is a radio. The radio is always on, and in the year and three months (depress-a-mundo) that I've been working here, it's always been tuned to conservative talk radio shows.

Now let's get something straight right up front: I love conservative talk radio. (Same goes for the Fox News channel.) My reason? Because it's really fucking funny. I don't mean that conservative doctrine is ridiculous (it's not a baseball team, it's just another way to look at the world), but rather that the hosts somehow have been given license to say the craziest fucking things in the world. The king, of course, is Michael "Go choke on a sausage" Savage, yet there's plenty of stupidity to be found in just about all of them.

Well, yesterday I heard one of them say very possibly the Dumbest Thing I've Ever Heard Ever, and it went a little something like this. (This IS paraphrased, but what follows is the gist of it. I swear before God almighty that the following sentiment was expressed, and I heard it.)

"All the time, you get these liberals attacking conservatives on moral issues - Bush didn't serve in Vietnam, this guy's soft on family values, conservatives are - stuff like that. When's the last time you heard a conservative attacking all liberals on issues of character?"

Seriously, folks, my head was swimming.

I cannot underemphasize how very much everything I described in this entry did, in fact, happen.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?