<$BlogRSDUrl$>

What a bad idea

Tuesday, August 26, 2003

I do not like blogs.

I really do not like blogs.

Blogs to me are something to be distrusted. I think Anne Frank really ruined it all - before her, diaries were something that were supposed to be, y'know, personal, not something that could Change the World or Influence Lost Souls or whatever. And yet that's what the lion's share of blogs are - people trying to rationalize away their lives by transforming them into objects of consumption. (The most terrifying thing I may have ever read on the internet: a response to a post on another blog reading "I just like reading your life".)

Well, I say fuck all that. My life is a constant struggle to keep it one hundred and eighty-six percent separate from the culture; there's a reason why I want to be a film critic instead of a filmmaker. Thus, those are the terms that I'm going to engage Blogdom in - the terms of Me Liking Or Disliking Things About Culture. Hence the name.

I am not promising, however, that this will not slowly devolve into "OMG eye NeEd A GF yo" or whatever; when I was thirteen I wanted to be an environmental lawyer and then when I was sixteen I wanted to be a vulcanologist. Things change. But be thou forewarned: at least at first, if you think I'm going to be talking about how my life is hard because I don't have a toaster, you may want something else.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?