<$BlogRSDUrl$>

What a bad idea

Sunday, August 31, 2003

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Well, I was almost ready to post some long rambly thing about Gamble & Huff and the pleasures of buying new CDs and the sad bearing that it has on the prospects for my continued resistence to the RIAA, and then FUCK, I accidentally looked at my mouse wrong and another part of the blog-editing box gets clicked and my post gets lost despite the promise of a popup box to save it somewhere, although I'll be damned if I can find out where it is. So instead of being actual content, I will simply say that (1) no, I am not abandoning this ur-blog yet, (2) FUCK BLOGSPOT for eating my post, and (3) Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes' version of "Don't Leave Me This Way" is actually musically better than the Thelma Houston version (although nothing on God's green earth is ever going to rub the corns of the Thelma Houston version as far as emotional intensity goes. That giant vocal swell - well, like I have to tell YOU about it).

Also: Preston Sturges continues to amaze and astound me. I watched Hail the Conquering Hero last night and the climax literally had me standing up and raising my arms in triumph. I have seen six Sturges movies and the least among them is a work of staggering genius, albeit a work of staggering genius that doesn't happen to be particularly congruent with my movie-steez. If you're bored out there in ReadingMyBlogLand, you really couldn't do much better. More later.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?